Shaanxi Iknow Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Highest quality ingredients, on time and at a great price.
|Place of Origin:||China|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||Negotiable|
|Delivery Time:||2-3 working days|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, Western Union|
|Supply Ability:||50Kg/ per month|
|Standard:||Enterprise Standard||Use:||Dietary Supplement|
L Methyltetrahydrofolate Levomefolate Calcium Salt 99% CAS 151533-22-1
|Product Name||Levomefolate calcium|
|Chemical Name||L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium,L-5-MTHF-Ca|
|Package||1Kg /Tin or As per your request|
|Storage||Store in cool and dry places ,keep away from strong light|
|Shelf life||2 years when properly stored|
What is Levomefolate calcium ?
It is the primary biologically active form of folate used at the cellular level for DNA reproduction, the cysteine cycle and the regulation of homocysteine. It is also the form found in circulation and transported across membranes into tissues and across the blood-brain barrier. In the cell, L-methylfolate is used in the methylation of homocysteine to form methionine and tetrahydrofolate (THF). THF is the immediate acceptor of one carbon units for the synthesis of thymidine-DNA, purines (RNA and DNA) and methionine. The un-methylated form, folic acid (vitamin B9), is a synthetic form of folate, and must undergo enzymatic reduction by methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) to become biologically active.
It is synthesized in the absorptive cells of the small intestine from polyglutamylated dietary folate. It is a methylated derivative of tetrahydrofolate. Levomefolic acid is generated by MTHFR from 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate (MTHF) and used to recycle homocysteine back to methionine by methionine synthase (MS).
L-methylfolate is water-soluble and primarily excreted via the kidneys. In a study of 21 subjects with coronary artery disease, peak plasma levels were reached in one to three hours following oral or parenteral administration. Peak concentrations were found to be more than seven times higher than folic acid (129 ng/ml vs. 14.1 ng/ml).
|Appearance||White or off-white crystalline powder||Conforms|
|Specific Rotation[a]25D(C=1.5% in water)||USP||+45.07°|
|Calcium content(on dry basis )||7.0%~8.5%||7.3%|
|Residual solvent(Ethanol)||≤5000ppm||Not detected|
|Total plate count||≤100cfu/g||Conforms|
|Yeast and Mold||≤100cfu/g||Not detected|
|Assay(on dry basis)||＞98.0%||99.10%|
1) Mainly for folic acid antagonists (such as methotrexate, pyrimethamine, benzyl cefalexin and trimethoprim) antidote, it's usually used for prevention of methotrexate dose or overdose treatment caused severe toxic effects.
2) Folic acid treatment of the following diseases, such as inflammatory diarrhea and protein-energy malnutrition (poor nutrition), pregnancy or infancy megaloblastic anemia caused by poor.
3) As adjuvant therapy for colon cancer, rectal cancer.
4) Combined with 5-FU and treatment of digestive tract tumors or other 5-FU-sensitive tumors. High-dose CF used in conjunction with 5-FU (LF), the basic programme is currently the treatment of colon and rectal cancer.
5) For children with leukemia, lymphoma, and osteosarcoma, such as high dose MTX treatment when rescued.
1) Professional Supplier for many years with advanced facility
2) Factory Price with best quantity
3) Accept Custom Order, Avaliable in thickness and package
4) Offer OEM Service
5) Professional Service and on-time delivery
6) Samples Small quantity are avaliale at any time